"Do the Impossible"
"Smile more :)"

Saturday, December 25

2010 Christmas Eve - BBQ at Kah Yan's house

It's Christmas Eve finally, which means New Year is around the corner, which also means I have to go back to Singapore soon!!

This year's Christmas Eve was a bit more special than the previous years' because normally Christmas Eve and Christmas are just like any other normal days. My family does not celebrate Christmas. But this year, we had BBQ at Yan's place. I am not sure whose idea was this (Ai Ying or Yan's) but I was quite happy because this served as a gathering for me and my badminton friends over in Perak.

Before 24th Dec, they mentioned that they were going to buy food on the party that day. Since I thought I didn't have anything on that day, I offered to help. Unfortunately, she said the car had no more space since they had to bring another two guys to Yan's house on the way back. Ok, this was fine, but the way she said it made me feel like I was a burden, following them would just make things worse. Well, I just wanted to help, I just didn't want to go there and have fun and later they blamed me that I didn't help at all. Ok, perhaps she didn't mean it. It's just the way she speaks. But the tone made me feel uneasy.

Anyway, that passed once I stepped into the party. Who can not feel happy when his bright, friendly, humourous friends were around?

Then I 'helped' to start the fire... Well, not really that I started the fire since they had started it before I reached there. I sort of helped to 'maintain' it.. Anyway, that was funny with the 諸葛亮/男版鉄扇公主 and our new style of BBQing (who use a fan for BBQing?).


Later then Yan's did the same thing as Cong and we called her 鉄扇公主 but sadly she won't do it when I was trying to film the process..

The BBQ started when the sky had finally darken and the guests had started to arrive. I wasn't sure if it was because I was lousy or the fire was just too strong, I burnt the first two hotdogs. Just the first TWO! But Chow Yi Lin kept pointing at me whenever someone asked who burnt the whatever things that were burnt when she was in-charge of taking care of the first hotdog. Haha. Nice to meet her though. She is funny.

Kar Seong attended the BBQ too. This guy is the most funny guy in the state team (but he is now training in KL, kind of representing Malaysia). He is very humourous. His jokes have never failed to make us laugh. The girls kept saying, "OMG! I have stitches now!" Who won't in his presence? I like this guy (not the way that you are thinking kay? -.-) or rather I should say I admire this guy, due to his humourous nature which never fail to lighten the mood around him (and also which I do not have) and badminton (he is strong)... And this was when an idea popped into my mind.. I will talk about this a little bit more in my next post: A ray of hope in misery - "trap in disguise"....

This is roughly how I spent my Christmas Eve... Merry Christmas!!

No comments: