It's been a while since I last updated my blog. Well time flies eh some much had happened.. After leaving the confinement of RIB, hobo-ing at different friends' houses for that one week, feeling touched receiving the card from my OG before I left for Malaysia, and after KY and Rayner came over to Ipoh for a one-week holiday, finally I had to start some work over here to earn some pocket money.
Started with helping my dad's friend to coach some kids badminton. Not an easy job eh.. the kids are just ... sigh. Haha I have said it earlier that I am not good at kids eh and I just don't really like coaching/teaching. But lucky there are some older players who are quite good and willing to train. And things got better after a few training sessions. At least now there are some chitchat with the players haha. At first I found it slightly awkward because there are some 15~16-year-old players and being about this age how am I gonna coach them. But after some thinking the sudden realisation dawned on me: I am no longer the kid who was still studying, enjoying school life and getting troubled over schoolwork. I have already passed that age and I am 20 now.. When I was around 15~16, they were just primary school kids! Sigh old liao..
Anyway, tried to go back for state training. Nah really old liao; a few more sets of pick-shuttle and my hamstring ached like some dog.. Couldn't walk properly for the next few days after the footwork. And some of my juniors are already taking over me. During a training session when we took turn to play 5 points against each other, Ai Ying approached me and told me that "A few years back you were always the only one staying in the court, now you keep waiting outside the court for your turn".. Sad, but how true! I am no longer that steelman 4 years ago!
SUTD called two weeks ago asking me to go for an admission interview. I didn't know that it would be so soon. Anyway, I went back to Singapore one Monday morning, preparing the required documents and meeting some of my friends and juniors in school. The interview didn't go very well (hmmm...) but I hope it was still okay. :/ I really hate interview :/ SUTD called again just yesterday but my Singapore's number has been suspended, so I will have to call back this coming Monday. I wonder why is SUTD calling me? I hope it is a good news: they called to tell me that I am accepted! Finger cross x_x
Oh yea so far I am only working during weekends (occasionally some days during weekdays) and I am planning to get another job.. Haha when we were studying, we always wished for more holidays; and when we have finally graduated and are free, we always wish for things to do.. Free time isn't that tempting afterall eh haha. So far I heard that my mom's friend's sister is looking for waiters or cashiers in her restaurant and apparently my mom asked ( or maybe my mom's friend asked, anyway not important) if I can work there. Can start anytime because there are days off during CNY. Well, my dad was thinking that maybe I could work at the company where he worked before he retired (but till now he still hasn't asked the boss eh -_-) so still need to wait for him to nod his head before I can start working at the restaurant.
Okay guess that's it for now.
Started with helping my dad's friend to coach some kids badminton. Not an easy job eh.. the kids are just ... sigh. Haha I have said it earlier that I am not good at kids eh and I just don't really like coaching/teaching. But lucky there are some older players who are quite good and willing to train. And things got better after a few training sessions. At least now there are some chitchat with the players haha. At first I found it slightly awkward because there are some 15~16-year-old players and being about this age how am I gonna coach them. But after some thinking the sudden realisation dawned on me: I am no longer the kid who was still studying, enjoying school life and getting troubled over schoolwork. I have already passed that age and I am 20 now.. When I was around 15~16, they were just primary school kids! Sigh old liao..
Anyway, tried to go back for state training. Nah really old liao; a few more sets of pick-shuttle and my hamstring ached like some dog.. Couldn't walk properly for the next few days after the footwork. And some of my juniors are already taking over me. During a training session when we took turn to play 5 points against each other, Ai Ying approached me and told me that "A few years back you were always the only one staying in the court, now you keep waiting outside the court for your turn".. Sad, but how true! I am no longer that steelman 4 years ago!
SUTD called two weeks ago asking me to go for an admission interview. I didn't know that it would be so soon. Anyway, I went back to Singapore one Monday morning, preparing the required documents and meeting some of my friends and juniors in school. The interview didn't go very well (hmmm...) but I hope it was still okay. :/ I really hate interview :/ SUTD called again just yesterday but my Singapore's number has been suspended, so I will have to call back this coming Monday. I wonder why is SUTD calling me? I hope it is a good news: they called to tell me that I am accepted! Finger cross x_x
Oh yea so far I am only working during weekends (occasionally some days during weekdays) and I am planning to get another job.. Haha when we were studying, we always wished for more holidays; and when we have finally graduated and are free, we always wish for things to do.. Free time isn't that tempting afterall eh haha. So far I heard that my mom's friend's sister is looking for waiters or cashiers in her restaurant and apparently my mom asked ( or maybe my mom's friend asked, anyway not important) if I can work there. Can start anytime because there are days off during CNY. Well, my dad was thinking that maybe I could work at the company where he worked before he retired (but till now he still hasn't asked the boss eh -_-) so still need to wait for him to nod his head before I can start working at the restaurant.
Okay guess that's it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment