It is 20 March. It is about one and a half month away from the start of my uni life! Kinda looking forward to it. Hope I can blend in well with the others.
And that means I still have one and a half more month of being a coach! Oh yea forgot to tell yall that I didn't take up the job as a waiter at the restaurant because it takes away 95% of my time. Every day working from 12pm to 10pm and only have a day off every fortnight. True that the pay is quite high, but ... nahhhh. I kinda prefer what I am doing now: being a coach for 4 days a week, the rest of the time going back for state training.
Being a coach really isn't that easy, what with having to know what are the strengths and weaknesses of the players and provide training plans accordingly. Worse still, during a match a coach has to be quick enough to spot the strengths and weaknesses of the opponents within 11 points. To be honest, I suck at this. Those who don't know me well might think that I am super pro, but the truth is, I am just pro at fighting for every single shot. I am unable to coach my players on how to play in a match. Somehow, I only get better at observing the opponents when I am THE ONE in the court playing. Sooooo ... while I enjoy the time now, some part of me actually want to escape from this job.
While my time of being a coach is short (about 20 more sessions?), I do hope that my players will improve at least that little bit before I leave for Singapore again. Didn't think about it that much before, but now I understand why some coaches want to boast to others about how good their players are, how their trainings are effective, how the players improve a lot after joining their training etc etc. Well, I guess this is something that one will only understand if he has been a coach before.
OK that's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment