Grad trip @Taiwan was great! The place was awesome, the scenery was beautiful, the people were friendly mostly, the bubble tea was nice, but I think I would still wanna try a solo trip next time if there is ever a chance.
Now grad trip is over I'm forced to return to the reality where my main main problem now is to find a job :'( But this is not the point of this post. This post is more for the post reflection of the DD farewell. That farewell was really one of the best I had and the farewell gift given to me was really special and I really love it! The picture on the pillow might look printed but was actually hand drawn by Joaquin! How amazing! I am really honoured to receive this gift.
And with farewell you would also expect notes from the juniors. And honestly I didn't expect a lot of things that I read from the notes :') Everyone has an idol and I am no difference from them, and I want to be like the person who is able to inspire people and make a difference in other people's lives! From what I read from the notes, I guess without me consciously doing it, it seems like I have already taken my first step, through my passion and action. I guess what I said before was true, if you have the passion or feel for something, other people would see it and feel it. I think this aligns with my type of leadership just as when I was still stuck in badminton. I was not the type of leader that can stand right in front of people and give them pep talk, motivate the people through words of encouragement. I am more like the leader that leads by example which in my personal opinion is a slower, long term but effective method of motivation. I am really really happy to be given a chance to inspire people and make a difference, no matter how small, in other people's lives.
With inspiring people comes being inspired. I can't stress how much some of the people in dance have inspired me in their own ways! Just to mention a special few:
Isha: she is so passionate about dance and so willing to explore different styles. Who on earth has the time to join three dance clubs while being a vp and cluster rep on top of being a sutdent? That's Isha. Every time talking to her about dance, it just makes me feel like wanting to assist her in making the dance in SUTD more vibrant.
Zachary Song: I asked him a few questions regarding freestyle the other day and he couldn't answer me in the spot because he said funk and hip hop are slightly different. He said he would think about it. What I did not expect was that he really took my questions super seriously. He thought hard about it and even got his friend to come down and share with us about freestyling, targetting at the questions that I asked previously. How many people would actually go such a long way to answer such questions? Respect for him up x10000! And he fights for what he is passionate about. His passion for funk make the setting up of the club and its virgin performance in the Piano Concert possible. I have no regret supporting him from the start!
Marcus Leong: hmmm I don't even know where to start. He was only with DD for slightly less than a year, but the things that he imparts to us are more than what we learnt in the 3.5 years. I was quite sad that I couldn't spend my time in DD under him for a longer time (alumni liao a bit different).
And from the rest, your encouragements just make me want to do even better than what I am doing now!
Of course, no one is perfect and I'm definitely not perfect in many other ways. All they know is my side that dance, they haven't seen the side of me that's out of dance yet. Can I achieve the same ability when I'm just being the normal self and not about dance and badminton?

No comments:
Post a Comment