The only thing I feel about my second job now is "Out of a shit hole, just to fall into another" (從一個火坑逃出來,又掉入另一個火坑)。
The first job was bad because I didn't have time for myself. This job was bad (I'm not sure if it's worse) because I have to fly so fking often (which was what I didn't expect when I first accepted this job, though Steven did mention to me that I have to fly).
Apart from having to fly often, it is the location that sucks so much - China. China blocks every fking thing, from Facebook, Youtube, Google to Instagram, Telegram and even WhatsApp. Technically every fking thing that a typical South East Asian uses. So yea, I am technically isolated from the rest of the world, my world, my life.
Apart from this, I am left with what my colleagues have left off of the project all by myself because none of them wants to come back to China anymore after getting pissed off by the China company. Literally leaving me in China all alone to 收拾爛攤子, when I myself am quite inexperienced.
Furthermore, the worst thing that I realised is that, my company is heavily focusing on software development and not robotics. They may be good at software, but know nuts about robotics in terms of control theory etc. So technically I am the most experienced in my company already. But I am a newly grad and I am inexperienced, so there are a lot of things that I can't deal with. Honestly I am quite lost. And there is no one that can guide me on the right path, because, as I said, they know nothing.
The more I work on this project, the more I feel that there is something wrong with the structure/architecture of the current robotic system. There are a lot of things that should/could be changed or improved on, but given the amount of time we have, making such huge change is impractical. So the more rational approach is to make use of what we currently already have to make the robot work. But the thing is the current method has something wrong with it and we are unable to make it fully working the way we want it to. Sigh, I am stuck.
Sigh, why am I always getting into all this lousy situation? All I want is just a normal job that I can still have more time for myself. I wanna change job soon (again, yes) but I have to at least get my PR application first, which should be around March (hopefully). So I will give chance until then .. Even though I probably won't look good for changing job so often.
No comments:
Post a Comment