My journey started the moment I left my house, and the first thing I realised was that I forgot my pullover ._. What a way to start my journey HAHA.
札幌
The first thing I did after settling down into the guesthouse was to visit すすきの and 狸小路 because Trip Advisor says that those places are famous in Sapporo for shopping or other "interesting" entertainment (ahem), but both places look too city-ish to me (I mean skyscrapers) and shopping ain't my thing (so apparently すすきの is famous for "adult entertainment" according to the two Korean guys who visit there for three consecutive days - more about the two guys later).
So I ended up going to 大通公園. Thought it's going to be a huge park because of its name but it is actually a few small parks connected in series. I wanted to see the snow festival but too bad it only happens in Feb, lucky this period of time they have something called white illumination, so there are lights setup in the park. Went up to the TV tower to see the city light too, can see the 大通公園 white illumination from here.
Decided not to take too many pictures unless the scenery is really nice because I want to enjoy it with my own eyes more (and also because my photography skill sucks la so better don't spam). Will still try to take video with my newly bought camera, though I am not sure how good is the quality because china. Don't have a good expectation of it but will see the final footages, if they are bad then forget it this will be the last time I ever use the camera.
Back to the guesthouse, met my roommates for the night. Two 22-year-old Korean guys who travelled to Sapporo after they completed their army and before they start their uni. Language barrier was a bitch bec they know very little English and I know zero Korean except anyeonghaseyo, hamshahamida and saranghaeyo (and I have totally no idea if I spelled them correctly and I don't want waste effort to look them up on Google haha). It was funny how we tried to look for translation on this app called Papago (quite good) so that we can carry on our conversation. Pretty cool and funny dudes, I exchanged beers with them for the night but too bad I had to leave the next morning. Well, I guess the fun thing in solo/backpacking/staying in guesthouse is that you get to meet people from different places who are cool to mingle and also without the obligation to exchange names. I would like to have more of this kind of experience haha but for the remaining of the trip I won't be staying in guesthouses anymore. I guess that's a pity but I'll be sure to experience this again in my future trips!



No comments:
Post a Comment